Saturday, August 2, 2008

Puddles, Worms and Competitions

This morning right before i was getting ready for leaving to teach at the LYCE I thought I had a pimple and I squished it and out came a worm....at least I think it is a worm. I'm going to a good friend of mine who's a microbiologist who is going to put it under the microscope to see if it really is a worm. Now my head were the "worm" came out has a big ol goose egg and looks like i got whacked with something.

I was walking home from eating dinner at the muslim diner across the street from my house it had been raining and just stopped right before i got done eating. As I was walking home I stopped to get an ice cream bar which the shop owner said it was 2 RMB which i replied in shock saying really??? He then said no it's 1.5 RMB...1.5 is the normal price. :) As i was trying to avoid stepping into the puddles as I wear sandals 95% year round. Dad started speaking to me about how there are so many puddles deep and shallow and sometimes you can't see them to well which you end up stepping into them. It's life sometimes we are going to choose or accidentally step into a puddle. He offers to help us out in stepping around or carrying us.

Tonight was the speech competitions and practicing there english at the main square. There was quite the big crowd that gathered to hear the schools english progress and such. Afterwards the students went out to teach the crowd english that they have learned over the past six days. There was great excitement and a spirit of unity during the speech competitions. Clapping and cheering on there fellow mates to encourage them when they were doing a superb job, stumbling along or about to cry because of the pressure.

No comments: