Sunday, August 3, 2008

Disappointment and teaching

Today was interesting as I went to my friends house to see what in the world this "thing" was that I pulled out and then made my forehead swell to a nice size. It was so boring the reason....it just ended up being an ingrown hair or something of the sort...kind of disappointing when your looking at the possibilities of a worm having crawled out of your head. I ended up dropping everything that I was going to do today and helping out an English teaching school as one of there teachers was out sick for the day and they couldn't find a foreign teacher. As soon as i showed up 45 min before classes started they gave me 3 student and teacher books for the 3 different classes i was going to teach. Had 45 min to make a plan for 3 different classes. Well here in China that is how life goes. There's no planning just through it together at the last second. :) So it didn't really help that the curriculum was supposed to be taught in no less then 3 1/2 hrs but here they taught it in an 1 hr. Lets just say I was falling behind a little bit as I'm not used to the fast pace of teaching like that. :)

No comments: